Wednesday, June 16, 2010

29 years of God's Faithfulness

Today is my 29th birthday. And if I were to choose a song for my life, it would be "Great is Thy Faithfulness".

Looking back, it was (and is) God who helped me through. There were instances in my life that I was knocked down, but not knocked out... Yea, as the song goes - pressed but not crushed... struck down but not destroyed. And it is because of God's loving mercy, goodness and grace that I will be forever grateful.

"Thank You, Lord for Your unfailing faithfulness for the whole 29 years of my life:
for Your showing of strength in my weakness,
power in fear,
joy in times of sorrow,
peace in despair,
hope in uncertainties,
comfort over difficulties,
wisdom in my senselessness,
faith in disbelief,
miracle in impossibilities...

For being my refuge in troubled times,
the answer to my needs...

For finding me when I was lost,
forgiving me of my sins,
freeing me from bondage
healing me from sickness..

Thank You for giving me beauty for ashes,
and turning my brokenness into wholeness of being...

Above all, for Your "Oh-so-Great" LOVE I do not deserve, yet freely given...

Words are not enough to express everything You have done for me.
May You see me living this gifted life as a "Thank You" to You, my Lord.

Amen."



Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!


2 comments:

  1. May GOD richly bless you and this blog..

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were instances in my life that I was knocked down, but not knocked out...

    I'm a boxing fan Joy, so I like this imagery.

    The bout is not yet over sister. There are remaining rounds left to be fought. Be relentless when you attack yet keep your defense up also. Do it until the final bell rings.

    By the way, in a few seconds, your blog will be linked to the Christian Buddies widget of Tinubos blog-- see the left sidebar of my blog.

    been blessed
    Kuya Manny

    ReplyDelete